Elkton, MD: At present, County Govt Danielle Hornberger marked her first 100 days in workplace by releasing the next record of accomplishments by her new administration:
- Facilitated $240,000 in CARES funding to native volunteer fireplace corporations for the acquisition of lifesaving tools.
- Hosted COVID-19 vaccine distribution clinics with the Cecil County Well being Division and directed the Cecil County Division of Emergency Companies to offer cellular vaccination items with help from our emergency medical technicians.
- Efficiently lobbied the State for added vaccines, within the midst of a statewide minimize, which added 975 vaccines to Cecil County’s allocation – thus stopping lots of of appointment cancelations to our most weak seniors.
- Labored with the State Division of Planning and the Federal Division of Agriculture to make sure an answer to the previous Southern States’ water air pollution on Wilson Highway in Rising Solar.
- Joined the County Council in lobbying the Maryland Legislature in help of, or in opposition to, payments that might impact Cecil County. This consists of help for HB 1329, which might relocate the I-95 toll plaza to a spot that’s extra equitable for County residents.
- Appointed a brand new Ethics Fee ushering in a brand new period of integrity, accountability, and transparency.
- Recognized $2.5 million in working expense financial savings to make up for the primary and second quarter deficits created by the earlier administration.
- Accomplished a complete evaluation of capital enchancment initiatives to find out what initiatives are most pressing to County residents, what might be paused, and what might be executed extra effectively.
- Reinstituted the County’s Emergency Medical Companies (EMS) Advisory Board, on the request of native volunteer fireplace corporations, and requested that the County Council formally set up the Board in County Code. This Board, which was disbanded by the earlier administration, will present the administration with perception and recommendation on how EMS and volunteer fireplace corporations can work collectively to raised defend Cecil County residents.
- Administered virtually $700,000 in grants on to: eating places, accommodations, and agribusinesses.
- In response to the horrifying improve in opioid deaths in Cecil County, organized an Opioid Summit subsequent month (April 23) with well being professionals, legislation enforcement, emergency providers, and group companions, to formulate actionable duties the County can take to scale back opioid abuse and fatalities.
- Labored with Nice Wolf Lodge to quick observe their mission on the Perryville location, which is about to be the biggest Nice Wolf Lodge in the complete Nation, and directed the Cecil County Workplace of Financial Improvement to work intently with the builder to make sure a seamless and well timed groundbreaking.
County Govt Hornberger issued the next assertion relating to her first 100 days in workplace:
“I ran for workplace to chop wasteful spending, usher in transparency, herald skilled professionals, cease the revolving door of cronyism, and create a greater relationship with our 8 municipalities – all to make Cecil County a greater place to stay and fairer place to do enterprise – and that’s precisely what I’ve been doing these previous 100 days. I look ahead to the following 100 days once we will introduce a fiscally accountable, detailed, and extra clear finances, host the Opioid Summit, and proceed to work for all residents of Cecil County – not simply these with particular pursuits.”
Elected in November of 2020, Mrs. Danielle Hornberger is the third County Govt to serve Cecil County for the reason that creation of the place in 2012. She is at present within the first yr of her four-year time period as County Govt. Mrs. Hornberger and her husband reside in North East with their son, a senior within the Cecil County Public College system.